- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstory"Keep some condensed milk on hand for cold days, and whip up a batch of this rich hot chocolate warm your loved ones." Original recipe yield: 2 quarts.
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle BrandÃ‚Â® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 1/2 cups hot water
- Marshmallows, optional
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine Eagle Brand, cocoa, vanilla and salt; mix well. Slowly stir in water.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Do not boil.
- Top with marshmallows, if desired. Store covered in refrigerator.