- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhat a yummy dinner! I found this recipe on The Messie Kitchen blog and knew right away I was going to make it and I am so glad I did! My family and I loved it! My house smelled so Italiany while it was baking! Nice and creamy throughout and everything tasted wonderful together! I love recipes using cream and tomatoes! They are a marriage made it heaven!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces pasta, (I used elbow macaroni)
- Oregano, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package and keep warm. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Season and cook chicken. Chop chicken into cubes.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, let boil for about 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cook while stirring constantly until cheeses are melted. Add pasta, tossing gently to coat.
- Spoon entire pan into prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with oregano and bake for 30 minutes.