- Cooking Time: 35-45
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- grated zest of 2 key limes
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350
- For the crust:
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in flour and salt until well combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Line an 8X8 baking pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Press flour mixture into the bottom of the pan to form the base. Bake for about 12 minutes, until the edges have just a small amount of color to them.
- For the Filling:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Stir in condensed milk, egg, lime zest and lime juice. When smooth, pour over the warm crust.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are firm, but when you shake the pan, the middle should still have some jiggle to it. Remove from the oven and place baking pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Cover pan and set in the refrigerator until well chilled. Pull up the foil to lift the mixture out and carefully peel away the foil. Cut into bars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More