- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 tb butter.
- 3 jalapeño chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium to large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and grated.
- 2 tb flour
- 4 cups American style lager beer (Budweiser)
- 2 cups chicken broth.
- 3/4 cup of Half and Half
- 2 ts. cilantro
- 1 ts salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack, divided.
- Melt butter, cook jalapeños, onion,and carrots for 5 minutes.
- sprinkle in flour.
- Pour in beer and chicken broth whisking.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain out solids, puree them and then add them back into liquid.
- Add Half and Half, cook until blended and heated.
- Remove from heat and add salt and cilantro.
- Ladle into bowls and add cheese if desired.
NotesTaste much better than it sounds! This recipe comes from a coworker on potluck day!