CREAMY LAGER AND JALAPEñO SOUP
- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 tb butter.
- 3 jalapeño chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium to large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and grated.
- 2 tb flour
- 4 cups American style lager beer (Budweiser)
- 2 cups chicken broth.
- 3/4 cup of Half and Half
- 2 ts. cilantro
- 1 ts salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack, divided.
Melt butter, cook jalapeños, onion,and carrots for 5 minutes.
sprinkle in flour.
Pour in beer and chicken broth whisking.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Strain out solids, puree them and then add them back into liquid.
Add Half and Half, cook until blended and heated.
Remove from heat and add salt and cilantro.
Ladle into bowls and add cheese if desired.