- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 tb butter.
- 3 jalapeño chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium to large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and grated.
- 2 tb flour
- 4 cups American style lager beer (Budweiser)
- 2 cups chicken broth.
- 3/4 cup of Half and Half
- 2 ts. cilantro
- 1 ts salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack, divided.
- Melt butter, cook jalapeños, onion,and carrots for 5 minutes.
- sprinkle in flour.
- Pour in beer and chicken broth whisking.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain out solids, puree them and then add them back into liquid.
- Add Half and Half, cook until blended and heated.
- Remove from heat and add salt and cilantro.
- Ladle into bowls and add cheese if desired.
NotesTaste much better than it sounds! This recipe comes from a coworker on potluck day!
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More