- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 tb butter.
- 3 jalapeño chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium to large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and grated.
- 2 tb flour
- 4 cups American style lager beer (Budweiser)
- 2 cups chicken broth.
- 3/4 cup of Half and Half
- 2 ts. cilantro
- 1 ts salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack, divided.
- Melt butter, cook jalapeños, onion,and carrots for 5 minutes.
- sprinkle in flour.
- Pour in beer and chicken broth whisking.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain out solids, puree them and then add them back into liquid.
- Add Half and Half, cook until blended and heated.
- Remove from heat and add salt and cilantro.
- Ladle into bowls and add cheese if desired.
NotesTaste much better than it sounds! This recipe comes from a coworker on potluck day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Adventures in Cooking
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More