- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes simmer
- Servings: 3-4 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 -25 minutes
- 6 to 8 Leeks, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & cubed
- 1 stick butter
- 5 Celery stalks chopped, include some of the leafy ends chopped
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 can Chicken Broth - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 oz soft Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup Provolone, shredded
- 4 Egg
- 1 tsp freshly-ground White Pepper
- Chopped fresh Chives (optional)
- Melt butter in a dutch oven; add chicken then add leeks and celery; saute until tender.
- Add flour, cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, 3 cups water, salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and yogurt whisked with 1/2 cup white wine until smooth, melt in Provolone.
- Whisk in egg yolks to cream cheese mixture.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. (Do not boil.) Sprinkle with chives, if desired. Serve with crusty bread.
NotesI dont' remember who gave me this recipe, I did add a little twist to it by adding the White Wine and also the Provolone. I like the bit of nutty flavor that the Provolone adds, its just barely there but its there.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
NFPG Recipe Collection
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More