- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- all-purpose flour (to dredge)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- salt and pepper
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in skillet.
- Add chicken and saute 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter (keep warm).
- Add broth to skillet, scraping up browned bits.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to approximately 3/4 cup.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mushrooms, white pepper and salt to taste.
- Add chicken and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is a medium thick consistency.
NotesI oginally saw this posted by Maddymoo.
I used thin chicken cutlets; didn't have any mushrooms in the house.I doctored the amounts a bit. It was very good over noodles.
Serve over rice or noodles.
Recipes for Vitality
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Naked MacaronSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More