- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI oginally saw this posted by Maddymoo.
I used thin chicken cutlets; didn't have any mushrooms in the house.I doctored the amounts a bit. It was very good over noodles.
Serve over rice or noodles.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- all-purpose flour (to dredge)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- salt and pepper
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in skillet.
- Add chicken and saute 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter (keep warm).
- Add broth to skillet, scraping up browned bits.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to approximately 3/4 cup.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mushrooms, white pepper and salt to taste.
- Add chicken and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is a medium thick consistency.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, Satisfying
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More