- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons frozen lemon-ade concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (colored portion of peel)
- 16 lemon drops, crushed
- Note: To crush lemon drops, put them in a sturdy plastic bag, place on a hard surface (such as the basement or garage floor), and cover with an old dish towel. Pound with a hammer five or six times.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, lemonade concentrate and zest.
- Beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute, then beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Frost each cupcake with a heaping tablespoon of frosting; sprinkle with crushed lemon drops.
NotesUse this with Lemonade Cupcakes.
Per frosted cupcake (based on 24 cupcakes): 221 calories; 7g fat (29 percent calories from fat); 4.5g saturated fat; 20mg cholesterol; 2g protein; 37.5g carbohydrate; 29g sugar; no fiber; 169mg sodium; 33mg calcium; 56mg potassium.