CREAMY LEMONADE FROSTING
Creamy Lemonade Frosting
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons frozen lemon-ade concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (colored portion of peel)
- 16 lemon drops, crushed
- Note: To crush lemon drops, put them in a sturdy plastic bag, place on a hard surface (such as the basement or garage floor), and cover with an old dish towel. Pound with a hammer five or six times.
Place cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl.
Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, about 30 seconds.
Add sugar, lemonade concentrate and zest.
Beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute, then beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
Frost each cupcake with a heaping tablespoon of frosting; sprinkle with crushed lemon drops.
Per frosted cupcake (based on 24 cupcakes): 221 calories; 7g fat (29 percent calories from fat); 4.5g saturated fat; 20mg cholesterol; 2g protein; 37.5g carbohydrate; 29g sugar; no fiber; 169mg sodium; 33mg calcium; 56mg potassium.