CREAMY MACARONI AND CHEESE 1930'S
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 5 Tbs. butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk, scalded
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) pasteurized process cheese spread loaf (Velveeta)
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni, slightly undercooked
- 1/3 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole and set aside. Melt three tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Using a wire whisk, stir in milk and continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and stir in Worcestershire sauce and red pepper. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in cooked, drained macaroni. Spoon into prepared casserole. In a small saucepan, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Remove from heat and stir in Ritz crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over macaroni. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and crumbs are appetizingly browned.
NotesThis is a old family favorite my mom made when I was a child. I think she got the recipe from the Ritz cracker package.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More