- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 2 egg yolks lightly beaten
- 1 pin vanilla ice cream, softened
- Put maple syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil hard until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Add gelatin to cold water and let stand 5
- minutes. Add to hot maple syrup and stir until dissolved.
- Pour this hot mixture gradually into egg yolks, beating constantly.
- Add softened ice cream blend well.
- Pour into four custard cups or 4-oz. moulds. Freeze until firm.
- Unmold to serve.
NotesServing tip: put unmolded mousse on plate and pipe whipped cream or buttercream shells around edge of mould. Top with pecan halves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More