- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1. 3 pounds baking (russet) potatoes
- 2. 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits and softened
- 3. 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half, heated until hot
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil (enough to cover potatoes by 1 inch) and add salt to taste.
- 2. Peel potatoes and quarter. Add potatoes to water, then return to a boil. Gently boil potatoes until tender, 15 to 20 minutes, and drain in a colander.
- 3. Force potatoes, while still warm, through ricer into a large bowl. Add butter and stir with a wooden spoon, letting butter melt completely.
- 4. Add 1 cup cream and incorporate by gently stirring with wooden spoon, adding more cream to thin to desired consistency.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More