- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1. 3 pounds baking (russet) potatoes
- 2. 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits and softened
- 3. 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half, heated until hot
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil (enough to cover potatoes by 1 inch) and add salt to taste.
- 2. Peel potatoes and quarter. Add potatoes to water, then return to a boil. Gently boil potatoes until tender, 15 to 20 minutes, and drain in a colander.
- 3. Force potatoes, while still warm, through ricer into a large bowl. Add butter and stir with a wooden spoon, letting butter melt completely.
- 4. Add 1 cup cream and incorporate by gently stirring with wooden spoon, adding more cream to thin to desired consistency.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
It's all about that protein
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More