- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1. 3 pounds baking (russet) potatoes
- 2. 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits and softened
- 3. 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half, heated until hot
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil (enough to cover potatoes by 1 inch) and add salt to taste.
- 2. Peel potatoes and quarter. Add potatoes to water, then return to a boil. Gently boil potatoes until tender, 15 to 20 minutes, and drain in a colander.
- 3. Force potatoes, while still warm, through ricer into a large bowl. Add butter and stir with a wooden spoon, letting butter melt completely.
- 4. Add 1 cup cream and incorporate by gently stirring with wooden spoon, adding more cream to thin to desired consistency.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More