Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1. 3 pounds baking (russet) potatoes
2. 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits and softened
3. 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half, heated until hot
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil (enough to cover potatoes by 1 inch) and add salt to taste.
2. Peel potatoes and quarter. Add potatoes to water, then return to a boil. Gently boil potatoes until tender, 15 to 20 minutes, and drain in a colander.
3. Force potatoes, while still warm, through ricer into a large bowl. Add butter and stir with a wooden spoon, letting butter melt completely.
4. Add 1 cup cream and incorporate by gently stirring with wooden spoon, adding more cream to thin to desired consistency.