- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 T butter, divided
- 1 shallot, minced OR 1 T chopped onions
- 1 c. Arborio rice
- 3-4 c. chicken broth or stock, kept hot on the stove
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/3 c. grated or shredded parmesan, romano, or asiago cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil in a saucepan, over medium heat until they melt together. Add the shallot or onion and saute for about 2 minutes until onion becomes transparent.
- Add rice and stir until rice is coated with olive oil/butter mixture. Toast rice 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add 1 c. chicken broth, wine, and chopped mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat. Simmer, stirring frequently. Keep remaining broth warm and add by the ladle as necessary. Consistency should be slightly liquidy, not as dry and fluffy as regular rice.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining butter and grated asiago cheese. Top with fresh parsley, if desired.
Simple Homemade Favorites
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More