- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 oz. (30g) butter
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 400g white mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup thickened cream
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook for 3 - 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms to pan and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add water and stock, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 - 35 minutes or until mushrooms are very soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- Using a hand blender, process until smooth.
- Return pan to heat and stir in cream, salt and pepper.
- Delicious served with pumpkin bread or crusty bread rolls.
NotesWhen the weather is cool, creamy mushroom soup served with pumpkin bread or crusty bread rolls makes the perfect comforting and tasty meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More