- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 oz. (30g) butter
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 400g white mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup thickened cream
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook for 3 - 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms to pan and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add water and stock, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 - 35 minutes or until mushrooms are very soft.
- Remove from the heat.
- Using a hand blender, process until smooth.
- Return pan to heat and stir in cream, salt and pepper.
- Delicious served with pumpkin bread or crusty bread rolls.
NotesWhen the weather is cool, creamy mushroom soup served with pumpkin bread or crusty bread rolls makes the perfect comforting and tasty meal.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
CustomFit Clean & TastySee More
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Honey-Lime Chicken SkewersSee More