- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 jar (7 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, undrained
- 3 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth (5¼ cups)
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1 head broccoli (2 cups small florets)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil (optional)
- Thinly slice garlic using Color Coated Paring Knife. Place garlic and 1 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes into
- (8-qt.) Stockpot. Cook garlic over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until garlic is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add broth. Return to burner; increase heat to high. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir in pasta;
- cover and simmer vigorously 8-10 minutes or until pasta is almost cooked but still firm, stirring occasionally using
- Mega Scraper.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli into small florets; place into Classic Batter Bowl. Cut carrots in half lengthwise; thinly
- slice crosswise on a bias using Santoku Knife. Drain sun-dried tomatoes; pat dry with a paper towel. Slice
- tomatoes into thin strips. Add carrots and tomatoes to batter bowl.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes. Add vegetables, cream cheese, salt and black pepper to Stockpot. Stir until cream
- cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately in Simple Additions® Dots Large Round Bowl. If desired, top with
- grated fresh Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil.