- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet onions
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- Shredded cheddar cheese and minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook onions in 3 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat until tender.
- Add the broth, bouillon and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add process cheese and onion mixture.
- Cook and stir until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and parsley.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More