- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, juices drained
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a heavy large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the orzo and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic, and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the cream and peas.
- Add the orzo and toss to coat.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the Parmesan to the pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Stir the pasta mixture until the sauce coats the pasta thickly, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to maintain a creamy consistency.
- Season the orzo with salt and pepper, and serve.
NotesRecipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More