- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. Orzo pasta cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta diced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, add pancetta cook until light brown.
- Add shallot and garlic cook until tender.
- Deglaze pan with wine, simmer for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes until juice is reduced way down.
- Stir in cream, peas, Orzo and stock heat through.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- This should be creamy, sometimes I have to add more cream or stock.
NotesI got this from Giada (my daughter says I talk about her like she is my best friend...lol). I changed it up, I added wine, chicken stock, pancetta and changed to fire roasted tomatoes. And when I have enough chicken stock I cook the Orzo pasta in it. It makes quite a difference. This is VERY good, when my husband has to take something to work for a pot luck this is a request form all of his co-workers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
MidLife Road Trip's
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More