- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 T flour
- 4 c milk (skim okay)
- 1 fresh bay leaf (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1. Melt the butter and saute the onion & celery until soft (onion should be translucent).
- 2. Add paprika & flour and cook on low to medium heat for about 3 minutes. Keep stirring and scraping pan.
- 3. Whisk in milk. Continue to stir & scrape.
- 4. Add bay leaf. Heat over low heat for 10 min, stirring often.
- 5. Stir in peanut butter. Once peanut butter is melted uniformly into soup, remove bay leaf. Season to taste and remove from heat. Serve.
NotesYou make it into pies, sandwiches and cookies so why not soup? This is a good kid-friendly soup and also vegetarian-friendly.
I recommend using skim milk and reduced fat peanut butter. Make sure what you're using is "peanut butter" and not "peanut spread."
For extra fun, serve with jelly sandwiches or slice some banana for garnish.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More