- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. pecan halves
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Use large pot to prevent boil overs.
- Stir buttermilk, sugar, and baking soda together until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place pot on low to medium on stove and boil until mixture is in soft ball stage.
- Stir constantly.
- Mixture will turn light brownish.
- When soft ball stage is reached (it will form a soft ball when a half-teaspoon or so of the syrup is dropped into a cup of cold water), remove the pot from the heat.
- Add two cups of pecan halves, butter, and vanilla.
- Beat mixture briskly until it becomes glossy and starts to thicken.
- Quickly spoon it onto greased waxed paper making little patties.
- Let the candy cool completely before removing it from the paper.
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
MidLife Road Trip's
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More