- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. pecan halves
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Use large pot to prevent boil overs.
- Stir buttermilk, sugar, and baking soda together until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place pot on low to medium on stove and boil until mixture is in soft ball stage.
- Stir constantly.
- Mixture will turn light brownish.
- When soft ball stage is reached (it will form a soft ball when a half-teaspoon or so of the syrup is dropped into a cup of cold water), remove the pot from the heat.
- Add two cups of pecan halves, butter, and vanilla.
- Beat mixture briskly until it becomes glossy and starts to thicken.
- Quickly spoon it onto greased waxed paper making little patties.
- Let the candy cool completely before removing it from the paper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More