- Cooking Time: 25 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- .3tbs butter or margarine.
- .1Large sweet onion, chopped.
- .2 Poblano chili peppers, seeded and diced.
- .3 garlic cloves, minced.
- .8 skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- .1tsp salt.
- .½ tsp pepper
- .1( 10 ¾ oz) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- .½ cup of chicken broth
- .1(8 oz) container of sour cream
- .1(8 oz0 package of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese.
- .Chopped coriander (optional)
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, poblanos and garlic. Saute for 5 min.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often for 8-10 min or until the chicken is done.
- Stir in the soup, broth and sour cream. Add the cheese. Cook for 7 to 8 min and serve with a sprinkle of chopped coriander (optional).
NotesI got this recipe from a friend of mine who is of Mexican origin. I often cook this dish when I have guests over for dinner and receive a lot of praise for it. There hasn't been a single time when I haven't been asked for the recipe, so this one is a crowd pleaser! :D
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Short & Sweet
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More