CREAMY POTATO SALAD
Creamy Potato Salad
- Servings: 8
- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing (I prefer using half and half)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 hardboiled egg, coarsely chopped
Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender; drain well.
Peel and cube potatoes; transfer to a large bowl.
Add celery, onion, sweet relish and bacon bits.
Combine mayo, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, mustard, and salt.
Add mayo mixture to potatoes; toss lightly to coat potato mixture.
Carefully fold in the chopped eggs.
Cover and chill thoroughly.
Bacon bit tip: Partially freeze your package of bacon. Use a sharp knife and cut the frozen bacon into long strips about 1/4 inch wide. Turn the bacon and cut the strips into pieces also about 1/4 in wide. You now have perfect raw bacon pieces to fast fry. No need to separate. They will separate during cooking. Perfect bacon bits.