- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5-6 medium potatoes (I used red)
- 4 Tblsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. chicken base or boullion
- 1 can evaporated milk (12oz)
- 1 can chicken broth (14-1/2oz)
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/2 tsp. cayene pepper
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 Tblsp. dried parsley
- Peel and dice potatoes. Cook in salted water till
- Drain; reserve about 1 cup of the water.
- While potatoes are cooking. Melt butter in a
- large stock pot. Saute onion and carrot until tender,
- about 10 minutes. Stir in flour and chicken base. Cook
- for 2-3 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and chicken broth.
- Once incorporated, add the celery seed, pepper, salt and
- parsley. If too thick, add the one cup of reserved
- Add cooked potatoes and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Great served with bacon bits and cheese on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More