- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5-6 medium potatoes (I used red)
- 4 Tblsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. chicken base or boullion
- 1 can evaporated milk (12oz)
- 1 can chicken broth (14-1/2oz)
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/2 tsp. cayene pepper
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 Tblsp. dried parsley
- Peel and dice potatoes. Cook in salted water till
- Drain; reserve about 1 cup of the water.
- While potatoes are cooking. Melt butter in a
- large stock pot. Saute onion and carrot until tender,
- about 10 minutes. Stir in flour and chicken base. Cook
- for 2-3 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and chicken broth.
- Once incorporated, add the celery seed, pepper, salt and
- parsley. If too thick, add the one cup of reserved
- Add cooked potatoes and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Great served with bacon bits and cheese on top.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More