- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5-6 medium potatoes (I used red)
- 4 Tblsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. chicken base or boullion
- 1 can evaporated milk (12oz)
- 1 can chicken broth (14-1/2oz)
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 1/2 tsp. cayene pepper
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 Tblsp. dried parsley
- Peel and dice potatoes. Cook in salted water till
- Drain; reserve about 1 cup of the water.
- While potatoes are cooking. Melt butter in a
- large stock pot. Saute onion and carrot until tender,
- about 10 minutes. Stir in flour and chicken base. Cook
- for 2-3 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and chicken broth.
- Once incorporated, add the celery seed, pepper, salt and
- parsley. If too thick, add the one cup of reserved
- Add cooked potatoes and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Great served with bacon bits and cheese on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More