- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 5=6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups low fat reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 4oo degrees. Spread the pumpkin seeds on a small cookie sheet. Drizzle 1 tsp. of the canola oil on the seeds and toast them for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven
- In a stockpot, heat the remaining oil.
- Add onion and saute for 5 minutes
- Add the pumpkin and broth and bring to a boil
- Simmer 20 minutes
- Add milk, sherry, and cinnamon
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- To serve, place soup in bowls qand top with the seeds. Grind pepper over each serving.
NotesFrom a recipe book I have, this recipe is excellent for diabetics.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More