- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstory1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 large egg, lighly beaten
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
3 large eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 (16 oz) box confectioners' sugar
Whipped cream (optional)
Ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg, lighly beaten
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (16 oz) box confectioners' sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, butter, chopped pecans, and 1 egg.
- Press mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 3 eggs with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until mixture is smooth.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Serve with whipped cream and lighly sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.