CREAMY RISOTTO STYLE SPAGHETTI
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 5
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 5 to 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 lb. bacon chopped into small pieces
- 1 lb. spaghetti broken in half
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 6 sprigs thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/4 cup grated Parmigiana Reggiano
- Place the stock and 1 bay leaf in a sauce pot and warm over medium heat. Don't let it boil reduce to simmer.
- Heat oil and butter in LARGE pot (I used my spaghetti pot trust me you will need it) over medium high heat.
- Add bacon and brown slightly.
- Add spaghetti, toast the noodles over medium heat, till lightly brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, zucchini, other bay leaf, and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Soften vegetables about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and allow it to be completely absorbed, stirring quite often.
- Add stock a few ladles at a time allowing the liquid to be mostly absorbed (just like you make risotto).
- When liquid is absorbed and spaghetti is cooked to al dente, 12 to 15 minutes, stir in cheese.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.
NotesRachael Ray made this with white beans. I don't care for beans in my spaghetti so I took them out. I also added some zucchini and peas. I didn't have pancetta so I used bacon. I also tweaked some of the other ingredients. It turned out wonderful!! My husband (who very seldom makes a comment) asked me 3 times to make this again! It is also good heated up the next day, just add a little stock to it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More