- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 - 10
- Preparation Time:
- 12 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 500'F
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Spread out onto a cookie sheet and roast for about 35 - 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan heat up the remaining oil, onions, carrots and some salt. Saute until tender...about 10 minutes. Add the basil leaves and continue sauteing for another minute
- Now you get to add all those yummy tomatoes to the mix, along with the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the cream and remove from heat. If you have a handy dandy immersion blender....get that sucker ready for work. Otherwise....use your blender and puree these incredible flavors until smooth and creamy. It is recommended that you start off on a lower setting and gradually increase the speed.
- Return to the saucepan and heat through, adding salt and pepper as necessary. If the soup is too thick..add a bit more vegetable stock.
- Garnish with some croutons and savor the flavor
NotesI was looking for a creamy tomato soup recipe...I found a couple that appealed to me so I sorta combined them and came up with something that I thoroughly enjoyed
Growers' Giveback Potluck
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More