- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 - 10
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI was looking for a creamy tomato soup recipe...I found a couple that appealed to me so I sorta combined them and came up with something that I thoroughly enjoyed
- 12 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 500'F
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Spread out onto a cookie sheet and roast for about 35 - 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan heat up the remaining oil, onions, carrots and some salt. Saute until tender...about 10 minutes. Add the basil leaves and continue sauteing for another minute
- Now you get to add all those yummy tomatoes to the mix, along with the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the cream and remove from heat. If you have a handy dandy immersion blender....get that sucker ready for work. Otherwise....use your blender and puree these incredible flavors until smooth and creamy. It is recommended that you start off on a lower setting and gradually increase the speed.
- Return to the saucepan and heat through, adding salt and pepper as necessary. If the soup is too thick..add a bit more vegetable stock.
- Garnish with some croutons and savor the flavor