- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 50
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26 to 28-oz.) jar tomato and basil spaghetti sauce (I used what we like)
- 6 1/2 oz. (3 cups) uncooked mini lasagna noodles (mafalda)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (12 oz.) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1. Brown ground beef in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion and garlic, cook 5 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add spaghetti sauce, uncooked noodles and water; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce hat to medium-low; cover and cook 15 to 17 minutes or until noodles are of desired doneness and liquid is absorbed.
- 4. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and green onions, mix will.
- 5. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over cooked beef and noodle mixture.
- Sprinkle with Italian blend cheese.
- Cover; cooke 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Removed from heat. Uncover; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 6 (1 1/2-cup) servings.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Jean’s Recipe File
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More