- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 50
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26 to 28-oz.) jar tomato and basil spaghetti sauce (I used what we like)
- 6 1/2 oz. (3 cups) uncooked mini lasagna noodles (mafalda)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (12 oz.) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1. Brown ground beef in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion and garlic, cook 5 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add spaghetti sauce, uncooked noodles and water; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce hat to medium-low; cover and cook 15 to 17 minutes or until noodles are of desired doneness and liquid is absorbed.
- 4. Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and green onions, mix will.
- 5. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over cooked beef and noodle mixture.
- Sprinkle with Italian blend cheese.
- Cover; cooke 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Removed from heat. Uncover; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 6 (1 1/2-cup) servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More