- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 5 oz (half a package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 pkg dried leek (or vegetable) soup mix
- 2 oz water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg Phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Drain spinach in a colander for a few minutes and then squeeze out the excess water. Mix the mayo, sour cream, and dried soup mix until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (longer if you have time).
- After the filling has chilled, preheat the oven according to the phyllo package directions. Unroll the phyllo dough onto a dry surface (be sure to follow the "handling instructions" on the box). Remove 3 sheets of phyllo dough at a time (the cups will be 3 sheets thick) and brush the top with melted butter. Cut the stack into 3x3 squares. Cut only enough squares to fill a mini-muffin pan and return the unused dough to the covered stack. Bake the cups for 4 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Spoon the filling into the cups and return to the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes (until filling is heated through). Remove from oven and cool the cups on a baking rack. Serve and enjoy!
NotesThis appetizer works beautifully for a tapas party or hors d'oeuvre buffet.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More