- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs butternut squash, halved peeled seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 3 (13 3/4 ounce) cans of chicken broth (or vegetarian if vegetarian)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light cream or heavy cream
- sour cream for garnish
- In medium saucepan, combine squash, onion carrots broth and salt.
- Simmer uncovered, until squash is very tender, about 40 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor with the butter.
- Wish cream into soup.
- Serve in wide shallow bowls with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
NotesPaula Dean Food Network
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
My Family Cookbook
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More