- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 to 4 dashes hot sauce (I used Frank's RedHot Original)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups American cheese, shredded
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- For cheese sauce: in a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine; add flour and pepper.
- Add milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and hot sauce; cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thick and bubbly.
- Add cheeses and stir until melted; stir in cooked macaroni and stir to coat.
- Cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Let Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
NotesThis is a recipe that I originally adapted from 'Better Homes And Gardens New Cookbook, 12th Edition. I tweaked it up a bit with my own little touches!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
The Naked Macaron
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More