- Cooking Time: 60-90
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mexican style cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 1-quart casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion slices and then add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake until browned, about 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Makes 4 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More