- Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 (28 oz) cans whole tomatoes, chopped with juice*
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in large pot over medium/high heat. Add onions, carrots and green pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is softened. Add the flour and continue to sauté for another minute, stirring constantly. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, sugar, basil, tarragon, cayenne pepper, thyme and bay leaves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Remove the bay leaves and, working in batches, puree the soup in a blender until almost smooth. Return the pureed soup to the pot, add the cream, paprika, curry powder and white pepper; heat the soup until it is hot, but not boiling. Salt to taste.
NotesWho knew homemade tomato bisque could be this easy?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More