CREAMY VEGAN CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 40-60 mins
- 8 cups of strong vegetable broth
- 1 whole head of garlic roasted
- The white part of 2-3 leeks washed and chopped
- I large head of cauliflower chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 4 Tbsp chives chopped finely to garnish
- organic brown rice, quinoa or millet to serve
Place the whole head of garlic unpeeled in an oven at 200 C / 400 F for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
In a large saucepan fry the leek in a little olive oil until soft. (About 3 minutes)
Add in the cauliflower and stir for a couple of minutes until well coated. Squeeze in the roasted garlic pulp.
Cover with the vegetable broth. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a medium flame, and simmer partially covered for about 30 minutes until the cauliflower is soft. I like to stir frequently and mash the cauliflower with the spoon as it cooks to make it easier to blend.
Let the mixture cool enough to put batches in the blender, and puree with the cashews until smooth and creamy.
Transfer to a clean pot and heat on low to serve. Season with Celtic salt to taste.
To serve - top each bowl with a grain ball and a generous sprinkle of chives.
This soup serves six people for a fabulous starter.