- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15 mins
- 8 cups (about 8 medium red skinned potatoes) largely diced / cut into cubes
- 1 cup (about 1 bunch) green onions finely chopped
- 1 cup (about 1 medium) red bell pepper (capsicum) finely diced
- 1 cup (about 4 large ribs) celery finely diced
- 1 cup broccoli stalk (slaw) chopped finely
- 1 cup (about 1 bunch) continental parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (about 1/2 medium) finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Raw Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 cup organic raw cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw cauliflower
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice or more to taste
- 2 1/4 Tbsp organic dijon mustard
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Tiny 1/2 pinch of Celtic sea salt or more to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold filtered water.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Celtic sea salt to the water and bring to the boil
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until just done.
- Rinse them with cold water and drain thoroughly
- Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and combine with all of the chopped vegetables (except the parsley)
- To Make Dressing:
- Put the cashews and cauliflower in a food processor, and add the water until combined well
- Slowly add the oil in one steady stream, and process until thick and creamy
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender to taste, and process until smooth
- Add in some more salt, mustard or lemon juice to taste until you create your perfect blend
- **Please note – you will need a high speed blender such as a VitaMix or BlendTec, in order to achieve a really creamy consistency
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix thoroughly
- Stir through the parsley, and then season with Celtic sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Chill or serve at room temperature. YUM!
NotesI recently shared this potato salad with my friends Kris, Michelle, Emily, Nicole, and my father-in-law, Bob; and the reaction was unanimous–“Oh Wow! I could eat this salad every day. This is a keeper. You need to put this on your site!” At the risk of appearing unashamedly self-congratulatory, I have to agree with my discerning friends. This potato salad has a creamy yet crunchy texture, with a zesty flavour that strikes a nice balance between sharp and sweet. It’s a wonderful example of how this quick raw vegan mayonnaise can act like the little black dress in your culinary wardrobe. With the right accessories —some fresh crisp vegetables and the right amount of sea salt and cracked pepper —the simple becomes the sublime, and this little potato dish is dressed to impress. Snouts far and wide agree —this recipe is a stunner, a winner, and not to be missed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More