- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente; drain.
- While water is boiling, melt the butter in a skillet and cook the garlic until fragrant. Stir in portobello mushrooms, button mushrooms, white wine, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until mushrooms are tender. Pour mushroom mixture into drained pasta and stir. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
NotesThis pasta dish is so filling and the I can even get my husband to eat it. He won't eat any of my vegetarian recipes, but the hearty texture the mushrooms bring make this one of his favorites.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Food Travels Through Italy
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More