- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz egg yolks (about 6 yolks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add milk to saucepot and heat until a simmer.
- While cream is being heated, mix sugar and yolks together in a bowl.
- Add a small amount of the hot milk to the yolk mixture and mix. Then add the yolk mixture to hot milk. Continue cooking over med - low heat while stirring constantly. Cook until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and add vanilla (or any other flavorings).
- Strain in a very fine strainer. Cool in an ice water bath.
- This sauce can be flavored with chocolate (2 oz semisweet chocolate), flavored liqueurs (such as Godiva), or coffee.
NotesThis is a dessert sauce thats great with many different desserts.
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
The Naked MacaronSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More