- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a dessert sauce thats great with many different desserts.
- 4 oz egg yolks (about 6 yolks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add milk to saucepot and heat until a simmer.
- While cream is being heated, mix sugar and yolks together in a bowl.
- Add a small amount of the hot milk to the yolk mixture and mix. Then add the yolk mixture to hot milk. Continue cooking over med - low heat while stirring constantly. Cook until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and add vanilla (or any other flavorings).
- Strain in a very fine strainer. Cool in an ice water bath.
- This sauce can be flavored with chocolate (2 oz semisweet chocolate), flavored liqueurs (such as Godiva), or coffee.