- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz egg yolks (about 6 yolks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add milk to saucepot and heat until a simmer.
- While cream is being heated, mix sugar and yolks together in a bowl.
- Add a small amount of the hot milk to the yolk mixture and mix. Then add the yolk mixture to hot milk. Continue cooking over med - low heat while stirring constantly. Cook until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and add vanilla (or any other flavorings).
- Strain in a very fine strainer. Cool in an ice water bath.
- This sauce can be flavored with chocolate (2 oz semisweet chocolate), flavored liqueurs (such as Godiva), or coffee.
NotesThis is a dessert sauce thats great with many different desserts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More