- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick Butter(1/2 cup), unsalted
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 TB Corn Syrup
- 1 Challah Bread
- 1 1/2 Cups Half and Half
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Grand Marnier
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a small heavy saucepan melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup over moderate heat, stirring, until smooth.
- Pour into a 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish.
- Cut six 1-inch thick slices from center portion of bread, reserving ends for another use, and trim crusts.
- Arrange bread slices in one layer in baking dish, squeezing them slightly to fit.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, Grand Marnier, and salt until combined well.
- Pour evenly over bread.
- Chill bread mixture, covered, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and bring bread to room temperature.
- Bake bread mixture, uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
NFPG Recipe Collection
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More