- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick Butter(1/2 cup), unsalted
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 TB Corn Syrup
- 1 Challah Bread
- 1 1/2 Cups Half and Half
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Grand Marnier
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a small heavy saucepan melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup over moderate heat, stirring, until smooth.
- Pour into a 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking dish.
- Cut six 1-inch thick slices from center portion of bread, reserving ends for another use, and trim crusts.
- Arrange bread slices in one layer in baking dish, squeezing them slightly to fit.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, Grand Marnier, and salt until combined well.
- Pour evenly over bread.
- Chill bread mixture, covered, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. and bring bread to room temperature.
- Bake bread mixture, uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More