- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c ( 1 stick) Butter
- 1 c brown sugar- packed
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large loaf french bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 c half and half
- 1/4 tsp salt
- l (29 oz) can peach slices drained
- Cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top
- 1 pint whip cream whipped
- Melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup over moderate heat. Stir until smooth. Pour into a foil lined 9x13 pan.
- Cut french bread into 2 inch slices. Arrange bread into one layer in the baking pan, squeezing them slightly to fit.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/2 and 1/2, vanilla and salt until well combined. Pour evenly over bread. Top with peach slices and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Refrigerate covered for 8 hrs or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator about one hour prior to baking to bring to room temperature.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered, 45-55 min until puffed and edges are pale golden. Immediately invert the casserole onto a large platter or serve from baking pan. Can be served with whipped cream.
NotesI've used fresh raspberries instead of peaches. I always get rave results.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More