- Cooking Time: 35–40
- Servings: 8–10
- Preparation Time: 25 (not inc. overnight)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 6 one-inch day old slices challah
- 5 large eggs
- 1½ cups half & half cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange liqueur
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in heavy saucepan.
- Cook contents until melted and smooth.
- Pour into 13" x 9” baking pan.
- Trim crust of challah and arrange in one layer in baking pan.
- Whisk together eggs, half & half, vanilla, orange liqueur, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Pour over bread, cover and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let set to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bring bread mixture to room temperature.
- Bake uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges are pale golden, 35–40 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More