- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart/900 ml HEAVY cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 ounces/168 g sugar
- 10 egg YOLKS
- 6 tb/84 g BROWN sugar
- Put the heavy cream in large pot. Split the vanilla bean lengthwise- scrape the insides into the cream. Put in empty pod as well. Add half of the sugar to the cream, stir well. bring to boil.
- Wisk egg yokes and remaining sugar, until pale yellow and slightly foamy, in the kitchen aid mixer.. Remove cream mixture from the heat. Transfer to a pour spout bowl. Turn on the wisk again and SLOWLY add cream mixture to the foamy egg mixture- KEEP THE WISK MOVING AT ALL TIMES AND DO NOT ADD ALL AT ONCE- if you do you will scrample your eggs. Discard vanilla bean pod.
- Place ramekins in the baking pan and fill the pan with water so it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Divide the custard evenly amoung the ramekins and cook them in the oven for 45 mins or until the top is set but still jiggly. Remove ramekins from the oven and let cool to room temp. The custards can be placed in the refrigerator overnight- cover in plastic.
- Sprinkle 1 tb of brown sugar over the top of each custard. Carefully run the propan torch's flame over each custard to caramelize the sugar. Wait a minute, then serve the custards with spoons.
NotesTried and true, and seriously my favorite dessert EVER- during my lavender sesson, I like to add lavender to the cream to infused it, then make a nice lavender creme brulee.
This base recipe is from Anthony Bourdain's LES HALLES COOKBOOK
I use my kitchen aid mixer so this is adapted to using a kitchen aid.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
My Family Cookbook
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More