- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 skinless single chicken breast fillets (125g each), cut into strips
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 medium red capsicum, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions/shallots
- 4 cups watercress sprigs or snow pea sprouts, loosely packed
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 6 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place chicken in a large pan; pour wine and stock over. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer to poach chicken until cooked through and no longer pink, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate, with a slotted spoon. Cover and chill until required. Boil chicken liquid rapidly, uncovered, over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup chicken liquid
- 2. To prepare dressing, whisk reserved chicken liquid, lemon juice, oil, Creole seasoning and mustard in a small bowl until well combined.
- 3. Place chicken, capsicum and spring onions in a large bowl. And dressing and fold together until well combined. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 4. Arrange watercress prigs around 4 individual plates, dividing equally. Spoon chicken salad into centre of each plate, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
- COOK'S TIPS
- To poach chicken, use a large diameter pan and make sure chicken is covered with liquid. Then simmer slowly over a medium low heat until cooked.
- As chicken comes to the boil, fat and other impurities rise to the surface to form a fatty foam. Use a slotted spoon to skim off his scum, then discard.