- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 skinless single chicken breast fillets (125g each), cut into strips
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 medium red capsicum, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions/shallots
- 4 cups watercress sprigs or snow pea sprouts, loosely packed
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 6 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place chicken in a large pan; pour wine and stock over. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer to poach chicken until cooked through and no longer pink, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate, with a slotted spoon. Cover and chill until required. Boil chicken liquid rapidly, uncovered, over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup chicken liquid
- 2. To prepare dressing, whisk reserved chicken liquid, lemon juice, oil, Creole seasoning and mustard in a small bowl until well combined.
- 3. Place chicken, capsicum and spring onions in a large bowl. And dressing and fold together until well combined. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 4. Arrange watercress prigs around 4 individual plates, dividing equally. Spoon chicken salad into centre of each plate, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
- COOK'S TIPS
- To poach chicken, use a large diameter pan and make sure chicken is covered with liquid. Then simmer slowly over a medium low heat until cooked.
- As chicken comes to the boil, fat and other impurities rise to the surface to form a fatty foam. Use a slotted spoon to skim off his scum, then discard.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Italy or Bust
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More