- Cooking Time: 4 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- * 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- * 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- * 1 tablespoon olive oil
- * 1 egg, beaten
- * 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- * 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- * 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- * 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- * 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- * 1-1/2 cups soft French bread crumbs
- * 8 ounces fresh cooked crab meat or canned crab meat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed (about 1 1/2 cups
- * 3 tablespoons finely chopped red sweet pepper
- * 3 tablespoons olive oil
- * Purchased tartar sauce
- * 3 tablespoons finely chopped green sweet pepper
- 1. Cook celery and onion in the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet until tender; cool slightly.
- 2. Combine egg, mayonnaise or salad dressing, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground red pepper in a mixing bowl. Add celery mixture, bread crumbs, crab meat, and the red and green sweet pepper. Mix well. Shape into 12 cakes.
- 3. Cook the crab cakes in the 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with tartar sauce. Makes 8 appetizer servings or 4 main course servings.
NotesI am not a seafood lover of any kind,but I have tried these crab cakes and they are delicious. Crab cakes are probably the only seafood blend I will eat if made right.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Recipes for Vitality
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More