- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 2.5 cups
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/4 chopped green pepper
- 1 can (1 pound 13 ounces) tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in butter
- Add tomatoes and seasonings
- Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
NotesThis is a basic sauce Aunt Nancy used with many Creole dishes, such as baked fish, shrimp and vegetables.
Get Fit With Good Food!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More