- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 3/4 lb. medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 1/2 tsp Creole Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery1 tsp thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Prepare rice.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle shrimp with creole seasoning and red pepper.
- Saute shrimp 3 minutes, until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Swirl to coat.
- Add onion and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) to pan. Saute 5 minutes.
- Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add milk mixture to pan, bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add tomatoes and black pepper to pan. Cook 2 minutes until tomatoes are tender.
- Stir in shrimp and heat through.
- Serve with rice
NotesEasy, Yummy. That about says it.Not the same as Grandma's Shrimp Creole - less tomatoey and more creamy
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Cooking for a CureSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More