- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 green or red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning for cooking
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning for marinating peeled and deveined shrimp prior to cooking
- Pre-step: About an hour prior to cooking add 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning to a ziplock bag with peeled and deveined raw shrimp. Shake and refrigerate for an hour)
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, pepper and garlic and cook until the vegetables soften, about 15-17 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the shrimp in warm bowls with white rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
My Family Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More