- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy second entry for International Taste Tour at BakeSpace Test Kitchen.
Sweet and creamy, so irresistible that I ate everything myself. I don't feel guilty, though, it was worth the effort :)
- 2 large crepes
- 1 apple
- 100 g mascarpone
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tblspoon butter
- 1 tblspoon honey
- 2 egg whites + 2 tblspoons sugar
- Prepare two really large crepes (mine were 12").
- Grate the apple and saute with butter and sugar.
- Add a little cinnamon, and leave to cool.
- Whisk the mascarpone cheese with honey (add more than just a tablespoon if you prefer it sweeter, or use powdered sugar if you don't like honey).
- Spread half of the cheese on one crepe and spread the sauteed apple over it.
- Place the second crepe over the first one and spread the rest of mascarpone.
- Roll the two crepes together and then cut into 2,5 cm slices (1").
- Place the slices with the cut side up (and down) in a slightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 150°C (300F) for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime beat the eggwhites with powdered sugar until stiff. Fill a pastry bag and decorate the tops of the rosettes, put back in the oven until the top is golden.