- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large crepes
- 1 apple
- 100 g mascarpone
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tblspoon butter
- 1 tblspoon honey
- 2 egg whites + 2 tblspoons sugar
- Prepare two really large crepes (mine were 12").
- Grate the apple and saute with butter and sugar.
- Add a little cinnamon, and leave to cool.
- Whisk the mascarpone cheese with honey (add more than just a tablespoon if you prefer it sweeter, or use powdered sugar if you don't like honey).
- Spread half of the cheese on one crepe and spread the sauteed apple over it.
- Place the second crepe over the first one and spread the rest of mascarpone.
- Roll the two crepes together and then cut into 2,5 cm slices (1").
- Place the slices with the cut side up (and down) in a slightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 150°C (300F) for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime beat the eggwhites with powdered sugar until stiff. Fill a pastry bag and decorate the tops of the rosettes, put back in the oven until the top is golden.
NotesMy second entry for International Taste Tour at BakeSpace Test Kitchen.
Sweet and creamy, so irresistible that I ate everything myself. I don't feel guilty, though, it was worth the effort :)
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More