LOW TO MAKE CREPES
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Beat with hand beater until smooth.
2. Lightly butter 6- to 8-inch skillet.
Heat over medium heat until bubbly.
3. For each crepe, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into skillet.
Immediately rotate skillet until thin film covers bottom.
Cook until light brown.
Run wide spatula around edge to loosen; turn and cook other side until light brown.
4. Stack crepes, placing waxed paper between each; keep covered.
If desired, spread applesauce, sweetened strawberries, currant jelly or raspberry jam thinly over each warm crepe; roll up. (Be sure to fill crepes so the more attractive side is on the outside.)
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.