CREPES ALLA QUICHE?
Crepes Alla Quiche?
- 1 recipe basic Savory Crepes without buckwheat (12-15 crepes, this allows for accidental tearing)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Half and half
- 20 oz Broccoli, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar; Divided
- 1 tsp Fine ground Green pepper
- 1 bunch of Scallions, Sliced thin (White and light green parts only)
- 6 TB Mayonnaise (I used my own, made with Key Lime juice instead of Lemon Juice)
- 1/3 Blood Orange Juice
Make the crepes and let cool.
Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs to break up the yolks.
Add Mayonnaise, Milk and 1/2 & 1/2; Whisk to combine.
Add Green Pepper, Salt, Broccoli, and 2 cups of the Cheddar Cheese.
Arrange crepes in muffin tin, folding as needed, this is a little difficult as the crepes seldom wish to cooperate.
Ladle mixture into crepe lined muffin tins.
Sprinkle a little of the remaining cheddar on top of the custard mixture.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Cover the crepes with aluminum foil to prevent over browning of the delicate edges and bake another 15 minutes.
You will need BIG muffin tins... Sometimes referred to as Texas sized muffin tins. This makes about 11 quiche/crepes. I made a batch and a half to take to work on Friday morning. I took a picture of Round 1, I still had another pan in the oven.