- Cooking Time: 4min per crepe
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tbsp melted butter
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and put the batter in the refrigerator for at least two hours. This allows the liquid to really permeate the flour .
- Spray the pan with cooking spray ( or melt some butter).
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot pour enough batter just to thinly coat the pan – while turning the pan to swirl the batter until it covers the bottom.
- Cook over medium heat until brown ( approximately1- 2 minutes), then flip over and brown the other side.
- I like to use a spatula but the true talent is able to toss it in the air to flip. Cook the flip side until golden brown and turn onto a plate.
- Before making the next crepe re-spray or butter the pan.
- Prior to serving, fold each crepe .
- If you are adding topping (fruit,nutella,ham,cheese,etc.), add the topping and then fold.
NotesGalettes originated in Brittany, the Northwest corner of France, where it was a peasant dish cooked on a stone or large pebble (le galet). Visit our website to learn more, including a fun French rhyme.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More