- Cooking Time: 4min per crepe
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryGalettes originated in Brittany, the Northwest corner of France, where it was a peasant dish cooked on a stone or large pebble (le galet). Visit our website to learn more, including a fun French rhyme.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tbsp melted butter
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and put the batter in the refrigerator for at least two hours. This allows the liquid to really permeate the flour .
- Spray the pan with cooking spray ( or melt some butter).
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot pour enough batter just to thinly coat the pan – while turning the pan to swirl the batter until it covers the bottom.
- Cook over medium heat until brown ( approximately1- 2 minutes), then flip over and brown the other side.
- I like to use a spatula but the true talent is able to toss it in the air to flip. Cook the flip side until golden brown and turn onto a plate.
- Before making the next crepe re-spray or butter the pan.
- Prior to serving, fold each crepe .
- If you are adding topping (fruit,nutella,ham,cheese,etc.), add the topping and then fold.
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More