- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Generous 3/4 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 heaping tbsp. cocoa
- 10 tsp. butter or oil
- Makes 10 crepes
- Mix all together until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tsp. of butter or oil.
- Butter is best for a fruit filled crepe.
- Add enough batter to cover the base of skillet (7” wide) tilting pan to cover evenly.
- Cook for about half a minute, then lift up the edge of the crepe to see if it looks done. Loosen the crepe around the edges and flip it over with a spatula.
- Cook the other side for 1 minute until golden. Put on warm plate .
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Continue until all 10 are made layering with waxed or parchment paper.
- Fill as desired.
- Can be frozen and thawed when needed.
- If freezing then reheat in a warm oven and fill as desired.
NotesI have had this recipe for years but thought it was too much fuss. Then I went to a chain restaurant and had a dessert with crepes. The crepe had cocoa added to make it a chocolate crepe. It was then rolled around some softened chocolate ice cream and refrozen. When it was time to eat it was taken out of the freezer, whipped cream from a can was squirted on it, then chocolate ice cream sauce drizzled on top, a few strawberries cut to fan them and laying in a bed of raspberry coulis. Heaven.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
DIY Tasty Gift IdeasSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More