- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have had this recipe for years but thought it was too much fuss. Then I went to a chain restaurant and had a dessert with crepes. The crepe had cocoa added to make it a chocolate crepe. It was then rolled around some softened chocolate ice cream and refrozen. When it was time to eat it was taken out of the freezer, whipped cream from a can was squirted on it, then chocolate ice cream sauce drizzled on top, a few strawberries cut to fan them and laying in a bed of raspberry coulis. Heaven.
- Generous 3/4 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 heaping tbsp. cocoa
- 10 tsp. butter or oil
- Makes 10 crepes
- Mix all together until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tsp. of butter or oil.
- Butter is best for a fruit filled crepe.
- Add enough batter to cover the base of skillet (7” wide) tilting pan to cover evenly.
- Cook for about half a minute, then lift up the edge of the crepe to see if it looks done. Loosen the crepe around the edges and flip it over with a spatula.
- Cook the other side for 1 minute until golden. Put on warm plate .
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Continue until all 10 are made layering with waxed or parchment paper.
- Fill as desired.
- Can be frozen and thawed when needed.
- If freezing then reheat in a warm oven and fill as desired.
Heart Healthy Recipes from The HUB at UW-Milwaukee
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Jack O Lantern Cupcake
Silky Chocolate Kefir Tarts
creamed carrotsSee More